Thursday, October 28

That bad, eh?

This is probably a good humbling experience for me. I have often tasted something I made and thought to myself "Amy Taylor, you are a pretty good cook." I acknowledge that I didn't come by this achievement on my own. Hours of time in the kitchen with my mom, sister, Anne, and others have molded my style and skills. That said, I am usually confident that people will like what I make to eat.

Until now. My son spit out the very first decadent dish I ever prepared especially for him and offered him on a padded spoon! Monday morning I slaved over the stove preparing cereal for him, and ended up wearing more than he swallowed. 
"Jack looking fearfully at the spoon in trepidation that I'll ask him to eat this bite too."
 
Day #1 - Jack gets ready for an adventure


Getting accustomed to the tools of the trade

Eating approximately 1 teaspoon of cereal by the end. About 1 tablespoon splattered everywhere else.
 Day #2 - Feed the baby before getting him dressed, and bathe inbetween eating and dressing.

Baby swallows about 2 tsp. and begins the discovery of self feeding. Said discovery did not aid in eating.

Day #3 - Brilliant breakthrough! Feed baby naked. Outsource to Grandpa. Grandpa successfully got about 1 tablespoon into baby's tummy.

All this to say that I won't give up this easily. My son will appreciate good food even if we have to spoon feed him!



1 comment: