Wednesday, October 13

Happy Mistakes

I laughed. The blender exploded with my pumpkin spice latte experiment in it and I laughed! I was so glad that it didn't settle on my morning as evidence that I was failing from the get go. Sometimes I am sick of my flesh and the lies that I believe. When the blender exploded, it was because I quadrupled the recipe. I never asked the blender how it felt about this additional burden...I had some forethought though, I covered the top of it with the hot pad (look up) to prevent the liquid from soaking me. This is truly the pattern that formed as the liquid surged from the tiny glass canister, soaking the counter, the hot pad, the blender, the front of my dry clean only skirt...and then I looked down at the hot pad and had to laugh because it was already smirking. God is really nice to give me laughing hot pads to help me see how inconsequential honest mistakes like these are.

3 comments:

  1. Pumpkin spice latte... hmmmmmm - how did it taste?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delicious! As long as you ignored the sludge of spices at the bottom of the mug. :)

    ReplyDelete