Friday, September 24

Impossible Coexistence

Placing a picture of Jack in the same post as something I detest is an impossible coexistence. 
 
Kind of like me walking through the door that this spider spent all night decorating. Impossible coexistence.

I did appreciate how beautiful it was, and I envy how easy it must be for a spider to prepare dinner and clean house. I saw this spider begin the web late last night, with it dangling in my face as I let the dog out one last time before bedtime. I looked forward to seeing the finished product in the morning with a twisted eagerness. I knew it would be magnificent, and I knew that given the property it had chosen, the house he sought to build would not last long.

Afterall, our house has been here a long time, and the back door was certainly there before that spider was even born.

There is a spiritual analogy begging to be thought out here. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Galatians 6:9

    And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whose hope shall be cut off, and whose trust shall be a spider's web. (Job 8:14)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't you just use another door? That spider worked so hard making it's home...couldn't you just leave her be?

    I must agree with the Job 8:14 analogy and add that the spider, while she did her job well, didn't choose the proper foundation on which to build it on.

    ReplyDelete