Thursday, September 16

here we go a'traveling...

 
This last weekend we had some mighty adventures. Spontaneously decided the night before, we left Friday evening to go work with my Grandpa on some things around his home. We "left". That sounds so simple. In reality we transferred the better majority of our house into the cupboards of my brother's RV (which conveniently already had the kitchen sink to lighten our packing...) and made a monumental family outing of it with Kim, Daniel, Mom, Dad, Jon, Jack, and me all perching through the moving house. 
 
Jack has a very tender heart towards Aunt Kimmi. He was eager to help her sore feet feel better.
 
And he was crazy pleased with the view he could command out the large windows.
 
We did attempt to buckle him into his carseat and buckle that into the RV seat for a couple of hours, but with the air conditioning broken, he was burning up without a good air flow. We took pity on him.
 
He helped me win Quiddler by coming up with words like "tintinnabulation". Unfortunately, we never got enough letters to work with to carry out his awesome ideas.
 
That night we got to camp out for the first time in Jack's life, and the first time in Jon's birthday tent. Camping with a baby had me slightly stumped when he wouldn't go to sleep, but Jon took him out for an astronomy lesson and came back with a sleeping babe. He woke up earlier than usual for some reason fully ready to play! (I guess that is why we have shades on our windows...)
 
My new favorite trick - the "Mommy, snuggle me!" arms
 
Grandpa, Jack, and Great Grandpa Carl
 
The spitting face
 
The Pouters Anonymous face
 
Travel size chew toy - his bottom lip!
 
Camping requires at least a sponge bath! (and that belly belongs to my niece/nephew on the way, please don't even ask if that is me :))
 
This is where Jack really wanted to be while I sewed a button on Jon's pants
 
Grandma gets the snuggles
 
My Great Aunt Elsie's 90th birthday party was Sunday afternoon so we camped another night and then went to celebrate with her. These are all of her nieces and nephews that were there.
 
She is beautiful.
 
The face off. Jon won in the end, though I was tempted to get Jack to help me.
 
I am convinced that Jack already loves his cousin. They were napping together until Kim reported the baby was kicking Jack.

1 comment:

  1. Great shots - which one do I comment on ....I love the first tent shot - with Jon sleeping and Jack wide awake.....

    ReplyDelete