Monday, February 28

Whirlwind to Wisconsin

We are still working on getting along with our relatives, so we agreed to an intensive weekend of riding in a large van together to find more differences to work on. Unfortunately we didn't find that many. Turns out that all of us like to make a lot of stops, all of us like to make up excuses for losing the alphabet game, all of us like to eat, all of us like to talk about the swimming pool and never go swimming, all of us like leg room, all of us like to listen to G.K. Chesterton short stories, and we all like pretty music. Differences - Jack likes to shriek to solve boredom, Josiah doesn't like it. Jack like to climb over the seats of the van, Josiah likes to lay on them. I'd like to drive the pretty white "dream car" 12 passenger van, my dad actually does it. (but he did let me carry the keys, unlock the doors, and pull it up to the front of the hotel by myself!)

Jack's favorite toy in the car...
My dad said that he was the only one covered by insurance to drive, but if that was the only reason then why did he ask what happened to the last 12 passenger I drove long distance? It wasn't my fault it had to stay just north of the Mexican border! 
I was in the car. And I tried really hard to be good.
Kim was in the car, and she didn't try really hard to be good. See the bunny fingers?
Jack really wanted to drive. Really bad. I don't blame him. I did too.
Josiah - "Mom, there is a pain right here. I think it needs more food."
Ok, so here is the real reason we went. I have two lovely grandparents in Wisconsin that Kim and I and our new boys hadn't seen in many moons. We went to visit, meet and greet. This is Grandma Ganzer. People call her the Queen because she looks (and acts :)) like Queen Elizabeth.
My dad and his dad. Dad pulled up pictures on his ipad to show off the 7 grandkids that weren't with us.
Jack bounced around like a loosed spring. He played fetch, climbed on the cooler, looked under the beds, found out he could fit behind the refrigerator, and got stuck.



This is the closest any of us got to actually swimming. I got up at 8 and went to read my Bible by the pool and wait for it to open at 8:30. At 8:30 I stuck my feet in and it was freezing, so I walked back to our room just in time to find Jack ready to come join me. He wouldn't have liked the temperature either, but he did look really cute.
(swimsuit supplied by Aunt Katrina)
We went through pictures of both of our weddings and first years of being married.
Jack was good and very curious.
On the way home I tried to teach him how to blink when his picture was being taken. His first lesson went tolerably well.




 
Leaving Thursday night and returning by Sunday night was a really fast trip, but very worth it and full of memories! I think we all learned how to get along better too, except Daniel. He bought me a caramel but he still beat me at the alphabet game.

2 comments:

  1. Josiah always has his eyes wide open - this "concerned" look! And Jack, a "no concerns look"!....

    ReplyDelete