Thursday, February 10

Seeing double

 Preface: I loved dimpled hands. One of my favorite feelings in the whole world is when a baby (anyone's baby) is crawling across the floor and places their pudgy, warm little hand on my knee. I melt.
 Jason came to play yesterday. From 7:15 to 4:00ish I pretended like I recently discovered I gave birth to twins last March. This was a stretch of the imagination because I can't imagine Jon and I having a child that is this quiet, observant, obedient, gentle, and calm. Jack thought we got him a new toy that moves and looks like him. I felt a little more like I was watching a couple of puppies tumble about than two babies. They chased each other crawling, shared views out the windows, loved the same bouncing ball, simultaneously became percussionists, ate together, napped together...you get the idea. But I got to really enjoy it :)
Jack had a chapped chin and Jason had a runny nose. Together they were unpicturable, so we took lots :) They would have looked even happier if we could have jumped in puddles and played in mud, but we'll settle for wintertime faces.
 Finding the awesome snowy backyard
 Finding the awesome balls
 Little blue eyes
 Sticking close to the camera on my left
 and on my right
 When in starvation you can actually eat your percussion instruments
The most awesome discovery of the day was the key hole for the fire place

As long as I didn't hold either of them they both loved me and were happy. If I dared pick one up, the other insisted on joining the parade. Thus and thus I crawled from room to room with them following me.
 
Beautiful boys. Thanks for playing with us.

4 comments:

  1. No doubt about it. You were created to be a mom with a houseful of kids. Maybe a barn too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I was created to keep my kids in a barn, cleaning would be so much easier! Cooking might be too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome post and pictures, Amy! they are precious. :) looks like you had an exciting day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny lil men :) I like I like. :)Can I come for the next play date? I like to crawl too....

    ReplyDelete