Saturday, May 11

Well, life is beautiful.

 We are installed. We eat, we sleep, we nap, we play, and while I would love to tell you of crazy adventures, mostly with five kids, 3 and under, we are grateful that there is "nothing to report."

 So, here are some highlights - our air conditioner spewed water all over us in a grand death plunge, Jack was bit by a spider and his hand swelled up, Aliyah broke out in hives, Josiah is learning to share like boot camp has arrived, and we talk over, above, and through it all and love being together. 
  Jack is learning to use chopsticks. Aunt Kimmi's chopsticks to be exact.
 We have had some of the best food of my year in the last week. My stomach is singing happy melodies of lunches passed now.
 A couple of days ago this sight became extinct. This position steadily moved from 1:00 am to 4:00 am. There was an awkward couple of days getting up at 4:30 or 5 and now everyone is sleeping until around 6, give or take an hour. Jetlag offers heavy weight training in walking in grace. God's grace. Grace that lets getting up at 3 am be funny, finds toddlers falling asleep in funny positions adorable, and provides a good dose of sympathy for others ailments of insufficient sleep.
 My sister and her food art. Pretty fun. The majority of our breakfast conversation centered around that single cherry on the table. Obviously it was necessary to work through strong feelings involved with such a limited prize.
 My older two boys have long reminded me of uber enthusiastic golden retriever puppies with happy faces flying by, powered by flopping appendages, occasionally leaving a wake similar to a wagging tale's affect. Throw Josiah in and I do believe we could call them a litter. Maybe we'll change to "pack" once they are old enough to let go of our hands.

 Free entertainment for Blake.





 London periodically puts on Kim's scooter helmet and says "Ride. Scooter. Yes. London. Please?" He hasn't gone on it yet, but we pass them all the time and he is very excited about the thought of one day one taking him on a ride. Maybe. In a parking lot. Maybe.
 There really is no discrimination between the 5 kids as they all rush from playing with one to a another without a pause to change their games. Blake gets involved with playing car trip just as much as Jack. I love that. I wondered a lot if having another playmate constantly around would isolate either Jack or London, but they all mesh well.
 There is an awesome ballpit in the basement of the apartment building. Jon and I ventured out with the five one afternoon.
Uncle Jon has a soft spot for nieces. I don't blame him. Aliyah is so sweet. She is really pleasant all of the time, has a tiny ornery streak that makes her eyes sparkle, soft hands, and a quick smile.
Jon has Aliyah in front of him, and I am wearing Blake. The best part of this walk was that London fell asleep on the way back, and I couldn't figure out how to tuck his head in, so I held it up with my hand to stop him from flopping. Pretty hilarious juggling act.

Tune in daily from here out! I realized I could give my Mom a Mother's Day gift from far off. We will post a picture a day in honor of our two moms for the rest of the month. (They both have requested more, we are happy to oblige!)

No comments:

Post a Comment