Saturday, May 25

Saturday

 Today our "dream team" joined us for a morning at the science museum. Ellie, Louis, and Mia have joined us for many adventures, often joined by Sally too. One night Ellie and Louis came to help scooter all of us to a night market. They know we are a little absurd, but they sure jump in with two feet. They have been beyond generous, arriving with food, drinks, small gifts, smiles, and patience. At their hands we have gotten to scooter, eat stinky tofu (does gagging before I swallow count as eating?), had original zhen-zhou-nai-cha (bubble tea, and the best glass of it you will find in the whole world at that...), and many other memories. It has been great to get to know each of them!

 Mia!

 Sometimes they create their own museum attractions out of things like spotlights.
 Louis!
 I have no way of blogging how perfectly content I am to be close to my sister. There are no words for the depth of love that runs with being known and understood and loved. Through all of the pictures I wish there were a way of explaining what this trip is giving me besides great experiences, yummy food, drinks, and kid-time. It is huge. And I don't honestly know how to brace myself for leaving. I thought coming now might be a bit of a "refuel" to help the time pass before we'll see each other again, but I feel like the tank I am trying to fill has holes, I just keep using all of this time and I think it will not make being apart seem much easier. In God's hands.
 Hyenas have made it to my "top three creepiest animals in the world" list. 


 Mia, Ellie, and giggly Blake
 Rockin' the baby-wearing dad look. I think I may have finally won him over to the convenience of hands free holding.
 This display moved. It was incredibly life-like. If it had taken a step, the room would have cleared. I have a video, I might post it sometime.

Josiah and Aliyah are the first little ones these 4 friends have hung out with. Tossing three more kids in the mix made enough to go around and was entertaining to watch. London really connected with Mia today.

Well, that's all, folks! Enjoy the Taichung Science Museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment