Monday, May 20

Monday

On Monday, we had the biggest, most adventuring day of our trip. It was marvelous. So many memories. Daniel is incredibly brave to take on the logistics of moving our kid-majority crew anywhere, but this out did it all. I am only putting one picture up because my camera completely died after I took this picture of Uncle Louis and Aliyah. I can't find my charger anywhere and have not been able to locate a Nikon store yet to see about purchasing a new charger. Louis took pictures on this adventure after my camera died, hopefully I will be able to post some of them. Jon also took some on my phone that I can share after we get home and get the adapter. Basically, we were gone for 12 hours. We rode a train, car, taxi, and rented 3 scooters for the majority of the day. With 10 people perched on 3 scooters we rode through torrential rain an hour up the mountain to Sun Moon Lake. Wish you all could have been with us on that ride. Everyone should experience something like that in their lifetime. As I watched the foggy, green, mountainside whiz past I was stunned by the beauty of Taiwan over and over. All 5 kids slept during this ride and the peace of a growling engine and wind whipping our rain ponchos around felt exotic and exhilarating. Waterfalls, rice paddies, tunnels, tall spindly betel trees, and chirping cicadas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment