Thursday, January 26

Family pictures

This is our current "family picture" beautifully printed and hung in our living room. My brother took it for us when Jack was 2 days old. I love it, but I think London is going to start to wonder soon why we don't have him in our family picture. Let me just run some ideas by you as to why, just to help me sort out how to explain it to him.
 Our family picture a week after London was born. It is turned the wrong way for the space. I might just deal with that and turn the frame. This is my favorite option. (once again, compliments of my brother!)
 This one is just rather awkward. We ran out of time getting ready for the picture and forgot to dress London, or so it appears. One bare baby is cute when there is only one baby. Also, what exactly is Jack pointing at? And why didn't any of us think of smiling?
 I wasn't trying to crop London's double chin out of this one, but it is a slimming effect!
 Alternatively, this one is a little too slimming on Jack. And I have to wonder what London is thinking.
 A remarkable turnout for a camera balanced on top of our car on a self-timer. However, things like Jack's pants being hiked to his knees would bother me if I look at it in a large print every time I entered my living room. Again, if all four of us were sporting high-waters it would be different.
 I love the three oldest. Not London's most charming moment. :)
 Really ideal. But, Jon and I missed the finger memo.
 London wouldn't stop baking long enough to look.
A true character photo. It might actually end up in that frame yet.

Anyone want to try a shot at catching us all looking and looking intelligent, thin, happy, healthy, and well composed? If you were successful we might not recognize ourselves!

6 comments:

  1. Double vote for the last one. Definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the last one best, though they are all pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Character photo is wonderful. Mum and Dad grinning cheerfully, Jack and London doing what they do best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what I think? For all your protestations of what is wrong with each picture, I think you are as proud as proud can be to show off your great little family. (And you should be!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just to add some humor to the last one...Tricia took the picture :)
    Alex, you are right. I am really pleased with my children, and I rather like most pictures with them in it! God gives so much joy through kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA!
    This made me laugh...ya'll are great! :)

    ReplyDelete