Monday, April 18

The story with a moral...

At bedtime last night Jon asked for a bedtime story. I have to say, it was one of my favorites ever. He thought others should hear it and learn from the moral.

It went something like this...
"Will you tell me a bedtime story?"
"Ok"

"Once there was a forest and in the forest there lived a great big hungry bear. This bear ate little boys who were naughty. One fine day a little boy named Jon Taylor was walking through the woods and the bear ran and gobbled him up. The End. Sweet dreams! I love you."

He said it didn't scare him. But, I think it did prick his conscience that he shouldn't be naughty. Feel free to repeat this story and insert an appropriate name. It would be ok to switch the bear to a lion or the naughty little boy to a naughty little girl if that would suit your needs better.

Have a good day! Be good!

2 comments:

  1. Please don't tell Daniel this story. I don't want him repeating it to others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a similar Bible story - you can read about children who were eaten by the bears in II Kings 2:23-24

    ReplyDelete