Saturday, December 22

An Early Christmas Present!

I think this is a very appropriate picture to begin this post with. To begin with, I was starting to think that the baby intended to stay inside forever, and I would always look like this. That is kind of fine with me, maternity clothes are way more comfortable. The picture is also out of focus, which defines the 2 hours following the picture very nicely. Jon took this shot "just in case I was in labor" as our traditional walking out the door photo. Good thing, because the baby walked out the door about 90 minutes later. I think. Blurry, like I said.
 We are super happy to have chosen to do a home birth with Blake, these two ladies are our midwife, Debbie, and her apprentice, Cheryl. Blake was her last apprentice "catch" and she is now on her way to being a fully-certified midwife too. We are excited for you, Cheryl! I would define our entire labor and delivery as calm, warm, and natural. 
Weighing Blake about an hour after he was born!
He has had his mouth full almost since birth. Fists, blankets, sleeves, thumbs, food...
Our little labor team has always included Jon and my mom with me and my dad is officially the toddler wrangler until further notice. Both boys were already in bed and slept through Blake's arrival. So, his job was relatively easy that night...




All of this hubbub happened between 10:45pm and 2:00am. Then everyone left and we were alone with our new little man.

Introducing:
Blake Isaac Taylor
December 17th, 2012
12:18 am
7 lb, 7 oz
20.5 inches long

and our first newborn with blue eyes. We'll see if they stick around.

P.S. Don't you think it's nice that Jon dressed up for this event? I was a little sad he lost the tie before he got swept along in the momentum of husband/new father/and my helper. Next time I'll rent a tux for him.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pictures - we are so delighted and hope to meet Blake in person. Love you all. Papa T. & Nona

    ReplyDelete