Tuesday, May 8

busy boys


 Jack is growing in his love of art - drawing, coloring, using chalk or markers all make him really happy.
 London is growing in his collecting skills. He almost always has some random object in his right hand. His hairbrush and this small plastic half circle thing are two of his favorites.
 He also has 5 teeth that he uses with great frequency and, to my dismay, much amusement.
 I mean, look at all of Jack's teeth. He has tons more and he has never bitten me...(oh rosy memory that forgets those two painful times...)
Jon has a better understanding of Jack right now. This is the day planner he made for Jack. The bricks each represent and event - White = breakfast, blue = bathtime, beige = lunch, grey = naptime, the yellow brick = a candy for daddy, and the red brick = a candy for Jack. Jack carried this all through the day reminding himself and anyone else that would listen. This brought peace to me because Jack stopped asking for a candy every few seconds once he had a scheduled plan.

Happy April is past, Happy May!

4 comments:

  1. I like the Lego Planner - I would probably be trying to get some more red ones on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Fred. Your boys are so handsome! Siah would LOVE to join Jack in his art exploration. He's digging the colored pencils right now and if I was braver we'd buy a white board. Not yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lego Planner was definitely inspired by the Franklin Dayplanner. I'm thinking of marketing it to a wider audience...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love every post you do Amy, I walk around with the lap top showing everyone that comes within looking distance:)

    Good ol franklin daytimer eh jon? I have way too mnay memories with that bad boy!

    ReplyDelete