Monday, November 28

Forget the maid, I'd like a penthouse

 Some days I dream of my house looking this clean for ten minutes. I think maybe a maid could accomplish it if we were all out of the house for two days. Then I realized when we opened the door to this beautiful sight in Hill Country, Texas that I didn't want a maid, I just wanted to stay here forever. After a lovely, restful week here I realized that I didn't actually want to stay there forever, it had its perfect side and its lonely side. I actually love the personality and slight clutter of my little home in Kansas. I love the people that tromp through and those that sit and stay a while. There is another post for another time about the couple dozen answers that were left on my white board while we were gone for three weeks. I don't know why we bothered locking our door when we left ;) Apparently the keys were easily available for the right price.
 We all had this face when we looked around the inside of our 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 kitchen, 2 couch condo.
 Jack found out what was in all the cupboards and drawers before I even got my shoes off.
 Isn't it great? Someone even ordered it to be decorated with my favorite color! Orange!

 We spent one morning watching a thunderstorm on our balcony


And we all left the next weekend well rested and happy.

2 comments:

  1. Now that was a GRAND adventure! It looks beautiful.

    Question that I just have to ask - did it look this good when you left????.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to say yes. I wasn't going to mention the caveat. Jack found the little pencil stub from our mini-golf outing and drew all over the white cabinet doors in the main bathroom. In total 7 door panels became hanging easels. Other than that, I think the whole place was almost as perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete