Monday, February 27

Some things I wouldn't mind our kids copying

 
Chances are, if you speak in our house, you will notice a very sweet echo repeating your final words back to you. The echo sounds a lot like Jack. He will tackle up to 4 syllable words and just repeat whatever he hears. I wouldn't mind if he decided to copy us in a couple of other ways. As a parent I often think about how to avoid passing on my faults and fears to my kids. Today, I am just going to dream about them having similar interests and passions. It would be awesome. For example...
 
I'd be totally cool with every child I ever birth learning to play the cello.
 
And, if they must play a sport that I have to watch tournament after tournament of, how about fencing?
I understand fencing well enough to know that turning his back will get him a penalty card. I could definitely handle watching bout after bout of foil.
 
Or the dedication to eat whatever they are served (with a front loader as a spoon.)
Or the creativity to make life fun.

2 comments: