Saturday, May 8

In my quiet place

As lovely as being held and talked to is, Jack gets pretty tired of constant attention sometimes. His favorite quiet place is laying on his changing table alone without anyone talking to him. He can lay there for half an hour or more without fussing, just looking around and kicking. He laid on the floor last night for almost 35 minutes just staring at the side of his play cube. I appreciate the fact that he needs quiet alone time. It is neat to see even personality traits that remind me of Jon or me. When he gets fussy and leaving him alone is the thing he wants, it just reminds me that he is most definitely my very own son. I'm just glad he doesn't want to be alone for longer than that :)

2 comments:

  1. Grandma Taylor said that I was a lot like Jack - being quite content to be alone. And smiling a lot.

    ReplyDelete